Slip And Fall Injury Louisiana
All to often our clients tell us their initial response after a slip and fall injury Slidell is embarrassment. It is only 12 to 24 hours later their embarrassment is overcome with the pain associated with the injury sustained by the fall.
The Labourdette Law Firm has handled numerous slip and fall cases. Slip and fall is referred to as premises liability cases within the legal context. Regardless of the size of the business where the injury was sustained, the Labourdette Law Firm does not shy away from fighting for the injured party.
There are many neglectful situations where we often find slip and fall incidents occur:
-deteriorating sidewalks or unmarked steps
-damaged or dilapidated stairs including missing handrails
-wet or freshly waxed floors without properly displayed warning signs
-unclean or messy floors with spills or trash on them
-blocked walkways or areas with falling objects
These hazardous situations can be found at retail stores, restaurants, apartment complexes, office buildings and more. When property owners and managers fail to perform regular building inspections, ignore issues that need to be fixed in a timely manner, or refuse to post the proper safety and warning signs, unsuspecting visitors can get injured. Unfortunately, these cases can oftentimes get extremely complex as a variety of things have to be proven. Don’t leave yourself in a position where you are outnumbered in a courtroom with an unprepared case to prove the owner’s responsibility. The team at Labourdette Firm are experts in slip and fall cases, and we would be honored to represent you.
Some of the previous slip and fall cases include a client who fell through a railing at an apartment complex, another client who slipped and fell due to a leaking soda at a local grocery store, and another client who fell and fractured their ankle due to unsafe walking conditions at another local apartment complex. If you find yourself injured from a slip and fall in the Slidell, Northshore, or New Orleans area, Labourdette Law Firm is where you’ll find your top-notch slip and fall lawyers.
The Labourdette Law Firm hopes you are never injured in any slip and fall accident, BUT IF YOU ARE, please take the following actions:
- If you are seriously injured have the business contact an ambulance and ask for medical attention immediately;
- Stay in the area and have someone close by get the manager and insist on filling out an incident report; an incident report can be critical to your case;
- Give the manager your statement and make sure all witnesses to your accident give their statement as well;
- If possible, take pictures of the substance that made you fall, along with photos of the area – (ex. failure of the business to properly display cautionary “Wet Floor” signs in area);
- Get a copy of the incident report!!! AND
- Call (504) 799-2277 or (985) 643-6566 so we can start on your case immediately!
* As always, your initial Personal Injury Consultation is FREE, and remember on PERSONAL INJURY CASES we don’t get paid until you do! *